I dislike packing almost as much as I love to travel and I’m always tempted to just grab everything in sight. Whether taking a short vacation or a long trip, you want to be efficient with your luggage and still manage to take all the necessities. Over the years I’ve learned to pack smart and be prepared for almost anything. Read on for some of my best Travel Packing Tips. Continue reading Travel Packing Tips
The right accessory can make any outfit pop and hats are really in this summer. I love a wide straw hat during the day or for the beach, while a wool floppy hat is a glamorous addition to any look. Adding a small straw hat to shorts and a tee can give a sexy yet effortless beach vibe. Check out my favorite hats for summer below.
After a very fun and exciting afternoon at Lush Cosmetics in Dubai Mall, I left with a bag full of new goodies to try. I’m still experimenting with the new products and I will be reviewing my favorites on the blog in the following weeks, but for the meantime here are my all-time favorite items from Lush that are always re-stocked in my beauty cabinet.
- Sultana of Soap: There are two very important things to keep in mind when choosing a good soap bar, scent and moisture. The smell of the lush soaps are invigorating without being overwhelming and sultana reminds me of an apricot flavored nougat, yum. I’ve discussed how I exfoliate with this soap here. Dear Sultana, you had me at first lather.
- Rock Star: When I want to switch it up from using Sultana I use rock star, which is also extremely moisturizing and smells like a Popsicle. Since it contains vanilla bean extract it’s amazing at locking in moisture.
- Bubblegum Lip Scrub: I love using lip scrubs and I even shared my own home-made recipe here, so when I saw this tiny pot of hot pink sugar I couldn’t wait to try it. Made with castor sugar and organic jojoba, this scrub gets rid of dryness and flakiness without being too abrasive.
- Sex Bomb Bath Ballistic: My favorite bath ballistic, simply because it has a lovely musk and jasmine smell and releases a beautiful paper flower after fizzing. It’s relaxing, pretty and fills the bathroom with a divine aroma. It will leave your skin smooth and supple.
- Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner: I never thought of using a body conditioner, but I have an obsession with Argan Oil and anything that can hydrate my skin. This is one of my favorite Argan infused products and you can read my full review here.
*Follow the links above to view prices and products details.
Whenever I visit LUSH, the beautiful aroma guides my way from afar. The first time I discovered LUSH was 8 years ago when it first opened a little section at Macy’s in Michigan. Everything from the soap bars to the bath melts were the most beautiful I had ever seen, and their exquisite scents made it hard to resist taking a bunch home. I had always known the company is against animal testing and the products are made primarily with natural ingredients, but during my latest visit to the Dubai Mall branch I got the chance to learn about all the love and effort that is put into each and every item.
LUSH has a long history with opposing animal testing and have forgone it from the get-go, also refusing to deal with vendors that use this method. The company is adamant on the matter and actively campaign against it. LUSH cosmetics are also active in charities and have started their own “Slush Fund” through which they provide financial and developmental support to underprivileged communities. Often these projects lead to beautiful collaborations, such as the Peace Massage Bar which is made with fair trade organic cocoa butter produced by the farmers of the Peace community in Columbia.
I’m no stranger to Lush products and have a few that I simply can’t live without, but this was my first time to notice their beautiful knot-wrap scarves. Some are recycled from plastic while others are vintage finds. I was so kindly given a limited edition scarf designed by Vivienne Westwood which is made of 100% organic cotton for the purpose of raising awareness for the Climate Revolution movement.
I was also intrigued to find out that the compounders are working on creating more shampoos and soaps that are self-preservative and made with all natural ingredients. I found the stickers on the back of their pots and bottles a great symbol of appreciation for the compounder’s hard work and creativity. As the brand communications manager introduced me to the origins of the different products, I noticed his dedication, passion and deep-rooted understanding. It was very inspiring to see this sense of family and philanthropy molded into the values of a company.
I’m beyond thrilled to finally announce that I will be a contributor for StylenDubai’s newly launched Beauty Counter section. I’ll be talking all things beauty, makeup and the latest trends. StylenDubai is an online magazine tailored for the trendy citizens of Dubai, and I am very happy to work with their talented team. Two of my articles are live right now, you check them out here.
Let me know what you think, I would love to hear your feedback! Xx
It’s been a while since I’ve shared my monthly favorites with you all, and since I’ve tried out some great products this month I thought it would be a good time to get back into writing these posts.
- RoC® Soleil Protexion SPF 30 (Mattifying Fluid): I’ve been searching high and low for an SPF that provides good protection and is light-weight and non-greasy. I finally found it in ROC which I bought during my trip to Paris. It gets quickly absorbed by the skin and leaves a nice smooth finish. Additional perk: it smells divine! I got the SPF 30 that is also supposed to be mattifying but the entire range has a wonderful texture.
- Bobbi Brown Blush (Peony): If you follow me on instagram you probably already know how much I’m in love with this blush. It’s the perfect rosy pink and gives that sweet flushed cheek look. The color is not too strong so you can apply a soft amount for fresh looking cheeks or build it up for more pigmentation. This is the most beautiful blush I’ve ever used and is extremely long-lasting.
- Unite Moisturizing Repair Treatment: I really love using hair masks once or twice a week during a hot bath. I’ve been using this one for the past month and I’m very happy with the results. Masks help add moisture relief and repair any damage your hair might have endured, making it easier to style. After using this mask in the shower, my hair is much easier to brush through and feels lustrous.
- Nyx Glam Shadow Stick (Diamond): These shadow sticks are glittery and have a beautiful creamy texture. I chose the Diamond color to create a dramatic white eye but because of the dewy consistency it’s best to apply it and blend with your finger, which leaves a subtle and shimmery eye shadow. I also like to use it as a highlighter for the inner corners of my eyes.
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain (Always Red): My newest favorite shade of red, it applies like a gloss and then dries to a beautiful matte finish. This stain is very long-lasting even if you eat or drink. If your lips are already dry it will dry them up even more, so it’s best to moisturize with Vaseline for 15 minutes then remove it and apply the stain. It’s the perfect red and requires minimal makeup.
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Volume Flash Mascara: I don’t usually change mascaras often but I’m so glad I tried this one. It’s a luscious black and provides both lift and volume. The brush is big, fluffy and strong which provides good control. I apply 2 coats of this and feel like my eyes completely opened up. I will be stocking up on this one!