I dislike packing almost as much as I love to travel and I’m always tempted to just grab everything in sight. Whether taking a short vacation or a long trip, you want to be efficient with your luggage and still manage to take all the necessities. Over the years I’ve learned to pack smart and be prepared for almost anything. Read on for some of my best Travel Packing Tips.
1. Make a checklist: This may sound nerdy à la Monica and Ross Geller, but it will make your life so much easier. With all the errands to run and different things to pack, a checklist will keep you organized and help you remember everything you need.
2. Outfit Planning: Putting outfits together as you pack them will keep you from taking extra pieces that you don’t actually need. Whether there are event and weddings to attend during your trip or you’re staying on the beach most of the time, it’s best to only take the things you will wear for certain.
3. Be Versatile: This brings me to my next point. It’s tempting to pack all the cute skirts and dresses in your wardrobe, but it’s a waste of space and will hinder your ability to bring things back from your visit. Denim pieces are extremely versatile and can be mixed and matched. This rule also applies to accessories as well. When packing bags, shoes and jewelry choose a few colors and styles that can be paired with different outfits.
4. Beauty Favorites: There are some beauty products that we can’t live without and must take everywhere, and that’s when travel size bottles really do come in handy. As for your makeup, sticks to the basics like an eyeshadow palette with many colors, your best foundation and favorite Mascara and lipsticks.
5. Be prepared: You never know when you’ll be spontaneously invited to dinner or your feet will need a rest from too much walking. Always pack an additional pair of comfortable shoes, a pretty dress and a couple statement pieces to accessorize with.
Always remember, the shorter the trip the less you will need. Hope this helps! xx