Travelling is exhausting to say the least and can really take it’s toll on your body. I’ve traveled a lot over the years and I can never get used to the dry cold air, tight seats and the long hours. I did learn to always keep a few things with me that make traveling more tolerable and even quite cozy.
- Bose QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Headset for serene silence.
- Hello Kitty Band-Aids in case of any accidental cuts.
- Cozy Socks to keep your toes warm.
- Evian Facial Spray to refresh and hydrate.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel to soothe dry skin and reduce redness.
- Padded Sleep Mask to block out the light without irritating the skin.
- Microbead Neck Pillow because that little cushion on the plane is not enough.
- iPad mini with movies and episodes of all your favorite TV shows.
I hope this helps! x Rania
I have a few different countries that are an integral part of who I am and Lebanon is one of them. Sometimes you need some time away to appreciate all the little things you love about a place. Summer in Lebanon means bright mornings, cool and crisp nights and whole lot of weddings. This year I got to enjoy it like a tourist and you can check out this video diary to see things through my eyes! Xx
Shopping for new makeup is always fun, and while I’m pretty classical when choosing blushers and eye shadows lipstick in particular is the easiest for me to get wild with. Sometimes I lust after bright and bold shades while other times I like soft and glossy hues. Here are my top picks at the moment.
- Smashbox Be Legendary Matte Lipstick in Electric Pink, $20. A beautiful and non-drying matte lipstick that truly makes a statement.
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in Fetish Pink, $35. Super creamy and highly pigmented, this is a stunning cross between pink and lilac.
- Benefit full-finish in Lady’s Choice, $10. Glossy and very moisturizing, this is my all-time favorite nude.
- Kardashian Beauty Joystick in Rose Parade, $9.50. It’s tough choosing the right shade of red, but this creamy stick is flattering, bold and exceptionally long lasting.
- Makeup Forever Rouge Artist in Watermelon, $20. I searched high and low for a the perfect peachy lipstick and was thrilled when I got my hands on this one. The texture is hydrating and applies like butter, while the color is pigmented and oh so lovely.
If you try them out, I hope you enjoy these lipsticks! Xx
Dates are so healthy and rich in vitamins and fiber, so during the summers in the UAE and particularly during the month of Ramadan everyone turns to dates for a nutritional snack. The high levels of vitamins A & K in dates make them an incredible skin food, which is what gave me the idea of creating a mask that can be applied topically.
Using a milk steamer, heat 50 ml of milk on the stove and before it boils add 2 or 3 pitted dates to the milk and keep mixing until the consistency becomes thick and creamy. Once it cools down, apply the mask for 20 minutes and wash away with cool water.
Let me know how it works for you! Xx
July was a warm and eventful month, so naturally I kept some essentials in my makeup bag to give me a fun and colorful summer look.
1. Lush Makeup, $24 each. If you read my post from my visit at Lush Cosmetics, you’ll recognize my photo with the emotional color wheel. I was told to envision a white room and choose the 3 colors I would like to paint it. Each color is supposed to symbolize an aspect of my personality. The purple(drive) and coral(believe) are lipsticks that are applied like a gloss and dry to a beautiful velvet finish, both have been beautiful shades for the summer. The blue(calm) is a liquid eyeliner and isn’t the usual color I would choose but is perfect for adding a pop of color underneath the waterline.
2. Sephora Classic Multi-tasker Brush, $25. I personally love Sephora’s brushes and this one in particular is perfect for applying powder evenly. The bristles are very soft and are gentle on the skin and the handle is easy to control.
3. Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail cream, $10. Obviously the summer heat requires drinking lots of water and using a super hydrating cream. This cream doesn’t only moisturize the hands but also strengthens the nails and keeps the cuticles under control. The smell is fantastic as well, which you know I love!
4. Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow, $30. The cute packaging made it very tempting to purchase this blush but the products itself gives a beautiful and natural glow which lasts all day. I also like to mix it in with my eyeshadow for an overall even pinkish/peachy look. This will be a favorite of mine for a while.
If you do try these products, I hope you like them too! Xx
When it comes to fashion, summer style is my absolute favorite. Cute shorts, flowy dresses and a printed jumpsuit dominate my wardrobe this time of year. Jumpsuits are both stylish and comfortable, and you can dress them up with heels or dress them down with a denim vest and gladiators. I chose this particular jumpsuit for the beautiful coral flower print and the flattering fit.
For us girls who are heavier on top, a sweetheart neckline and bandeau top are perfect for accentuating the waistline and highlighting an hourglass figure. For someone more petite, I recommend a slightly loose fit with a cinched waist which is a great everyday look.
Whether you prefer something more formal or a little playful there are so many gorgeous printed jumpsuits out there, so have some fun with picking different prints or styles and just make sure the fit is comfortable for you!
Printed Jumpsuit: Miss Selfridge | Shoes: Aldo | Earrings and Cuff: Charlotte Russe | Nailpolish: Van D’Go By Essie Polish