I’m excited to be spending Christmas in Michigan this year and believe it or not I’m looking forward to lots of snow fall. Since it’s cooling down nicely in Dubai, I’m still able to get away with cozy outfits that aren’t too heavy. I think a soft fuzzy sweater is a must, especially if it comes in an icy pastel color. What’s your favorite trend for winter this year? Xo
I warned you guys that I get a little overly excited during this time of year, and that is not limited to listening to Christmas carols even before Thanksgiving. As the seasons change, I like to tweak things around the house to make it more cozy in the winter or breezy in the summer. So if you’d like to set up some cute vignettes for an upcoming Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas party, or even to change the ambience around your bedroom here are some tips to help you out.
1. With a little Mod Podge, glitter and gold spray paint you can turn any cute little pumpkins into great accessories for decor. Lanterns also add a sweet touch and if you like the shabby chic look, they give a nice cabin vibe. Most importantly, don’t forget the candles and lots of them. Caramel or pumpkin scents with spicy undertones make for the perfect Thanksgiving treat.
2. If white is too pale for you and you prefer a little more color, deep purples and rusty browns are great for warming up a room. I love fresh flowers but using potpourri and fake leaves will last longer and can be used again the following year.
3. A knit throw and extra cushions on the bed or couch can really add a warm and fuzzy atmosphere to the room. The great thing about using neutral colors like beige, white or grey is they can be used all year round with some tweaking here and there.
4. Now to my favorite part, Christmas decorations! White and gold accessories are really in style lately, but I love a classic gold and red theme. It’s also really pretty to include cute and unique ornaments, just start with the basic bulbs at the base of the tree then add the rest sporadically to add a little bounciness. A pretty skirt under the tree and warm lights will give you a complete festive feel as well. Scented soaps, warm socks, hot cocoa and some gingerbread cookies will be required as well! Xo
It’s easy to throw on a bunch of layers to keep warm on those extra chilly days, but dressing up for a holiday party requires some creativity. I personally like choosing textured fabrics, shiny colors and sparkly accents. Midi skirts are perfect for this season because they’re both sexy and elegant and can be matched with different pieces. With the right pair of heels and clutch, your look will be complete. Let me know what you think!
There’s nothing like preparing for the holidays, and with Thanksgiving just around the corner I may get a little carried away with jumpstarting the Christmas theme everywhere. As per usual, Lush has created the cutest and most festive gift sets this year. Instead of just describing my favorites, I wanted to show you a few bubbles and bombs in motion. So, If you love listening to Christmas music and want to see some fun and glittery Lush products in action, sit back and enjoy the show! Xo
- Sparkly Pumpkin (Halloween Collection): Glitter-coated mini pumpkin with grapefruit, juniper berry and lime undertones which result in a fresh and sparkly mountain of bubbles.
- Holly Go Lightly (12 Days of Christmas): The epitome of the Christmas spirit, this spicy cinnamon silver ball explodes into a shimmery green bath.
- Lord of Misrule (12 Days of Christmas): This one really surprised me, and you should watch my video to see what it does. The delicious herbal blend of scents it releases is really invigorating.
Just because the weather is cold, doesn’t mean you have to put away all your short rompers and dresses. With the right styling and accessories you can take your favorite pieces from warm to chilly. I wore this romper on my trip to Hawaii with caged pumps and a belt, and while it has a beautiful lace back detail I still wanted to find a way to get more use out of it during the colder months. With a chunky knit sweater or even a cape blazer, some toasty boots and deep plum lips you can transform the look easily. I hope you liked this look and will be trying it out for yourself. Let me know what you think!
Romper: Old from Topshop, Similar Here | Boots: Aldo | Sweater: Forever21
This past Friday I attended the first ever GraziaFest, an event organized by Grazia Middle East where fashion meets music. The festival offered everything from live music and yummy snacks to the latest in beauty, fashion and accessories. There were pop-up shops by brands such as Fash Link, Lush Cosmetics and Sauce in the Hood to name a few. This was the perfect venue for local brands and designers to showcase their unique products in a low-key and fun environment. Neutrogena even hosted a “break your stress” game where you literally write down what is stressing you out on a plate it and break it. I was also very excited to get my hands on Flash Tattoos from Soleil Boutique. Check out the links and photos below of my favorite pop-ups from the festival!
ESSWARA: Based in Dubai and offering unique and trendy jewelry from around the world.
All Things Mochi: Chic Tribal-inspired clothes and accessories handcrafted by local artisans.
Floats: For the first time outside of Japan, funky and adorable toe rings.
Aura Headpieces: Vintage statement headpieces designed locally by Carolina Chammas.
Vitrine Designs: Delicate and dainty jewels with precious gemstones seen on numerous shows such as The Vampire Diaries and New Girl.
They say a woman’s beauty lies in her hair, and weather long or short healthy hair is always necessary. While some hair care techniques are part of our daily routine, there are extra measures that can be taken for silky smooth tresses. Read on for tips on caring for your locks.
Condition: Regardless if your mane is oily or dry, using conditioner is a must for all hair types. Hair is exposed to numerous pollutants every day and also undergoes climate changes throughout the year. When applied to the ends, conditioner repairs any damage caused while smoothing the hair and making it more manageable.
Serum: Using a light-weight serum on wet locks untangles the hair which diminishes the likelihood of breakage while brushing. Hair serums also protect the hair from the heat of a curling iron or blow drier, and add a boost of shine.
Brushing: Contrary to popular belief, brushing invigorates the hair follicles and eliminates any impurities that may have built up throughout the day. It’s important to use gentle strokes to avoid tugging at the roots or snapping of the hair. It’s best to start at the ends with a comb and slowly work your way up.
Hair Treatment: A great to way to add a surge of hydration and minerals to the hair is by using a hair mask or a hot oil treatment. If you don’t have the time to get a treatment done at a salon, you can apply the oil or mask and leave it on for the duration of your shower. This will strengthen, soften and repair the hair. I used to use hair masks all the time but after realizing that they were causing my back to break out, I switched to oil masks and I’m happy to say the results are even better!
Get a Trim: Although a hair cut is an obvious way to maintain healthy hair, it might make growing out your hair a bit more difficult. Trimming a couple inches every 3 months will get rid of any worn-out ends and give your locks added bounce. There is no way to repair the ends once they have split, so cutting them is the best solution.
I hope these tips help you out, let me know your thoughts! Xo
Being bound by a certain trend is not my style but luckily for me pastels and neutrals are really in this Fall. I personally love wearing white after labor day, and a neutral palette is a great way to brighten up a dull rainy day. The important thing is to choose the right textures and of course the perfect accessories. Zara has luxuriously soft basic sweaters which are available in the most beautiful colors this year. These are cozy enough to keep you warm but not too heavy so you can throw on a fur vest or a cape for extra warmth. Pair this soft look with chunky layered necklaces and a nice floppy hat and you are good to go! I hope you liked this look, will you be wearing white this fall?
Sweater: Zara | Pants: Old (Mango) | Hat: Stradivarius | Lipstick: Kardashians Beauty Joystick – Retro Red