I genuinely love my sleep time and anything less than 8 hours makes me pretty cranky. Unfortunately, I have a lot of troubling falling asleep and I usually wake up numerous times during the night. Getting a good night’s rest is so important for our health, energy levels and general productivity so I’ve been making an active effort to tackle this problem.
- The right pillow: We each sleep in different positions and have our own comfort levels so make sure you invest in a pillow that works for you. I like them fluffy but not too soft and I usually change mine once a year because they get flat with use and washing.
- Temperature: My husband is like a hot furnace and likes the AC on maximum, while I shiver in temperatures below 20 degrees Celsius. A warm blanket and cozy pajamas are a constant for me all year round and really make a difference in my sleep comfort. So make sure you’re not too cold or too hot during the night because it can disrupt your rest.
- Switch off: I’m no doctor or scientist but I don’t need to be to tell you that loud noise and bright lights, especially from your phone/laptop/TV are over stimulating and keep you from falling asleep right away. Give yourself a good 20 minutes to unwind in bed with no tech interruption.
- Diet: I always avoid caffeine in the evening but I’ve noticed that even eating sugary foods can give me more energy than I need before bed. Don’t go to bed hungry nor with a full stomach. Finally, if you don’t want to wake up every 2 hours to hit the bathroom then don’t drink too much water before you sleep.
- Indulgence: I was recently sent a complimentary 100% pure satin pillow case from Savvy Sleepers and it’s ultra-smooth and relaxing. It’s supposed to prevent wrinkles which I can’t attest to yet, but it does help you avoid the bedhead look you get throughout the night and keeps your blowout in check. The upside to a satin case over silk is that it is machine washable and extremely durable. I seriously recommend spoiling yourself with one! Use code Blush15 to get 15% off your purchase.
Throw: LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl’s | Pillow Case: c/o Savvy Sleepers | Weekends Mug: The Blush Boutique
I hope these tips help you out dolls! Xo
Our shop is finally live! I’ve handpicked each individual item because of all the love and hard work that goes into creating them. It was especially exciting to collaborate with Hawwa and design our ‘Put A Spell On Me’ t-shirt together. I will be continuously working on designing and collaborating with some of my favorites, so there will be more items added to the shop. I hope you enjoy our gallery and happy shopping!
Tee: The Blush Shop | Skirt: Space46 Boutique | Shoes: Custom Made, similar here and here. Photos by Sand in the City Dubai.
Things have been both busy and exciting these days, so I thought I’d share with you all some of my Instagram posts and what I’ve been up to lately.
This photo was re-grammed by LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl’s page on Instagram, which was so exciting! I seriously love this throw, it’s so cozy. I made a heart stencil out of paper for the coffee art.
A statement necklace and a hat are sure to add a wow factor to an outfit. I got so many compliments on this top which I got from Zara last year, and lo and behold I find an extact match on Choies, here.
I love getting creative and learning new things, and although calligraphy is tough I’m hoping that with practice I will get better. I would love to attend an actual live class and I think I’d learn much faster, but since there aren’t available to me right now I got this starter kit from Laura Hooper Calligraphy.
One thing to always put me in a good mood is a brunch date with my honey and a really good cup of coffee!
What have you been up to these days? Xo
It’s officially Spring, and that means it’s time to bring out the midi skirts. Personally, I’m about ready to buy one in each color. They’re so versatile, can be dressed up or down and are really flattering on pretty much anyone. Whether you prefer to wear them with flats or heels, they are easy to style. I stacked dainty jewels and carried my new favorite pink bag, because I love a day-time look. I chose to wear these nude wedges to keep the look casual and breezy. Are you in love with midi skirts too?
Top: Zara, Similar here. | Skirt: Asos(sold out), Similar here and here. | Bag: Kate Spade Cedar Street Maise. | Bracelets: Glitz and Glow, Vitrine Designs. | Ring: Baublebar Mason Ring.
I’m no pro at applying makeup by any means, but if you’re obsessed with beauty blogs like I am then you know that practice makes you learn what products and techniques are best for your features. I like a subtle and natural makeup look with a beautiful touch of blush and a fierce cat eye. On a typical day I like to just apply concealer where it’s needed, some mascara and fill in my eyebrows. Here are some of my favorite products for when I want to get glammed up while keeping it simple.
1. Eyebrows: I used to say I’d never leave the house without concealer, but the truth is doing my eyebrows has become just as important. I’ve tried numerous creams, shadows and pencils, but the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencil is the best thing since sliced bread. It’s easy to apply, comes in various beautiful colors and gives an extremely natural finish.
2. Base: I’m still in search for the best foundation for my skin but I’ve been using Maybelline’s Dream Pure BB Cream for the past 6 months and I love it. The color options are perfect for my skin tone, it lasts all day without giving me oily patches and it looks like skin especially when applied with a Beauty Blender.
3. Concealer: I recently started using Maybelline’s Age Rewind Concealer (in light) and it has the most beautiful texture. I apply it to my face, blend it in with a Micro Beauty Blender and set it with Rimmel’s Stay Matte Pressed Powder. The yellow undertones of both products really brightens up my under eye area and doesn’t crease one bit!
4. Liquid Liner: My best friend introduced me to Stila’s Waterproof Liquid Liner and I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to find it. The felt tip makes it so easy to apply, and although it’s waterproof and lasts all day long, it’s also very easy to wash off. Run don’t walk and go get yourself one.
5. Bronzer: MAC Mineralize powder in Dark has been my go to bronzer for years now. It’s a beautiful golden brown and is also amazing for contouring.
6. Blush/Illuminator: Bobbi Brown’s Blush in Peony is my all-time favorite pink blusher. When I want a more peachy tone with a built-in illuminator I use the Too Faced Sweetheart Perfect Flush Blush.
With blogging full-time and my shop launching later this month, I like to get myself into a routine to stay on top of everything. I usually create my own schedule and break down large projects into smaller daily tasks. Here are some of my tips on keeping your blog organized.
- Calendar: I like to create an editorial calendar at the end of each month so I have topics prepared and can schedule photoshoots, order outfits and make necessary appointments etc. You can find some great editorial calendar templates here.
- Working Hours: I usually post 3 times a week, preferably every other day and try to give myself one day a week where I’m not working on the blog at all(which never works out for me because it’s always on my mind!). At the beginning of each week I break down my daily tasks.
- Research: Although I create my editorial calendar in advance, Sometimes I don’t have enough topics for the entire month and things don’t always go as planned, so that’s why I always like to do research on instagram, twitter and my favorite blogs for back-up subjects and new ideas.
- Stay active: Try to stick to your schedule at all times, but if you miss a day once in a while don’t give yourself a hard time because these things happen. It’s important to always stay active on social media even when you don’t post on the blog.
I hope these tips help you out, and if you have ideas of your own I would love to hear them!
If you asked me a few years ago to put on an ensemble like this in public I probably would’ve laughed in your face. This may seem pretty ironic coming from a fashion enthusiast and blogger, but I used to be extremely bashful when it comes to wearing such attention grabbing outfits and I still struggle with this sometimes. It’s a wonderful feeling to dress up, feel good about yourself and be confident that you can pull it off, but I wasn’t always like that. I’ve struggled with my weight ever since I was really young and always felt on the edge of an eating disorder. I’ve fluctuated up and down constantly and never had a healthy relationship with food. You know, I always said if I could only lose those last few pounds, if only my stomach was flatter, if only if only.. It never really ends. I’m so critical of myself, and I know I’m not alone in this. I found a happy medium where I’m comfortable with the way I look and don’t keep striving for perfection, but it’s always in the back of my mind. It’s very true that with age comes wisdom and I’ve learned to be thankful for all I have, focus on the good things and accept myself for who I am. Always remember, we each are perfect the way that God made us and having our health is the most important thing in this life. I love creating stylized outfits for the blog and really pushing my limits by putting together a unique look; I hope you’re enjoying them as well! Xo
Sleeveless Camel Coat: Missguided | Shorts: Forever21 | Caged Heels: BCBG Max Azria, similar here | Crossbody Bag: Calvin Klein | Fedora: Stradivarius, similar here and here.
The sweet Julie over at Gardenia’s Closet approached me about collaborating together on styling a trend two different ways. We each have distinct styles which made this all the more fun. These over-the-knee socks are a great way to achieve that thigh-high-boots look, while keeping it versatile and easier on the wallet. I personally prefer wearing them with pumps or booties because even a tiny heel keeps it from looking frumpy. We both went with a more monochromatic look but don’t be afraid to play around with the colors and prints because this is a more casual and fun outfit. I hope you enjoyed this!
Sweater: H&M | Skirt: River Island, Similar Here | Bag: Michael Kors Selma Large Satchel