Exfoliating is so important, especially during the dry and cold months of the year. It helps scrape off the dead cells and diminishes ingrown hairs, revealing lustrous skin. These are my five top favorite products to use for scrubbing. I will follow this post with one about my top 5 moisturizers.
- Exfoliating Bath Gloves, $5. I started with this because I love using these gloves with any soap and I use it with most of the products I will talk about today. They are wonderful for all skin types, and while they are rough enough for an effective scrubbing they are gentle enough not to irritate the skin.
- Strawberry Polish, $20. This body polish produces a rich lather and contains crushed walnut shells and kiwi seeds which allows for a gentle scrub.
- Olive Body Scrub, $20. I was introduced to this olive scrub six years ago and I have not stopped using it since. It may not smell as great as the strawberry polish, but because of the crushed olive stones it completely smoothes away bumps and leaves you with soft and even skin immediately.
- Sultana of Soap, $7. This is definitely my favorite soap from Lush, and I love using it with the bath gloves. Other than the entrancing smell, it is the most moisturizing soap I have ever used. The gloves exfoliate while the soap adds hydration to the skin, making the perfect combination.
- Scrub of Your Life, $18. The tiny beads and creamy texture of this buffer slosh off the dry and rough layer of skin but are still gentle. A little bit goes a long with this and the smell is divine.
*Prices May Vary
When I was young, my mom was very adamant about keeping me from using foundations and creams on my face and assured me I can achieve dewy skin naturally. She always preferred the natural look and encouraged me to use home remedies instead. I’ve been using yogurt-based face masks ever since I was 13 years old, and they always does wonders for my skin. This particular mask is by far the best I have ever tried and I always go back to it. It helps dry up acne, diminishes scars and leaves the skin with a soft glow and a dewy look. I highly recommend you give it a try and I promise you will love it!
What you’ll need:
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- a dash of cinnamon (optional)
First, Put the yogurt in a bowl and mix it up until it’s smooth. Then in a second bowl, separate about 2 tablespoons of an egg white. Drop the egg white into the yogurt and whisk them together.
After you’ve combined the egg whites and yogurt, start drizzling some honey over the mix.
Finally for an added kick of potency, add a pinch of cinnamon.
Whisk them all together and apply on your face with a cotton swab or foundation brush. Leave it on for 15 – 20 minutes. You should feel it tighten on your face. I like to remove it with a sponge for some extra exfoliation. It is quite smelly, but so worth it!
*Watch out not to get any yolk in the mix or that could cause your face to break out. Also, make sure you don’t have any allergies or sensitivity from cinnamon.
I hope you try this dewy skin mask and love it as much as I do. Let me know if you like the results, I’d love to hear from you!
Cardigan from Violetta by Mango. For more on Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, and Travel.
Photography by Natelee Cocks.
It is no surprise that Moroccan women have velvety skin, since they take extra measures to keep it beautiful. They also have access to a very potent natural ingredient, Argan oil. After hearing so many wonderful things about Argan Oil, I went on a complete frenzy. Of all the products I tried, these 3 were my absolute favorite.
1. Garnier’s Ultra Doux Argan Oil hair mask: When I got engaged, I grew my hair out for my wedding and it has been long ever since. Long hair is beautiful, but it requires extra care because it is more prone to hair fall and dryness. This hair mask leaves my hair smooth and supple(plus: it smells amazing!). I tried the shampoo and conditioner from this line, and they didn’t give me as good a result as the mask.
2. Larenim Pure Argan Oil: It doesn’t matter which brand you use as long as it is certified as 100% organic. The most thing I love about this oil is it barely has a scent. It is a little greasy when you first apply it, but your skin will absorb it really quickly and stay moisturized in dry climates. I haven’t tried this on my face, but I like to apply it to my arms, thighs and around my eyes too.
3. Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner from Lush: This is one of the best products I have tried from Lush, It smells like rose jam and lasts for hours. Like the name suggests, it locks in moisture and leaves the skin feeling like silk. This body conditioner is infused with so many wonderful ingredients such as Glycerin, Almond oil, Shea Butter and more.
When you live somewhere as luxurious and vivacious as Dubai, it comes as no surprise to see a promotional event on random days of the week. Last Wednesday, I was walking around Mall of the Emirates, when I came across a beautiful podium for Guerlain’s La Petite Robe Noire.
What first caught my eye was the mannequin-like models dressed in- yep, you guessed it- little black dresses; from afar I couldn’t tell if they were figurines or actual models. On display were Guerlain’s many products from fragrances to makeup, with makeup artists available to help sample the products and give makeovers to customers. Propped on a Carousel at the center of the podium was none other than the pretty little bottles of La Petite Robe Noire.
This Parisian gem was originally released in 2009 and re-launched in 2012, with a modified bespoke drawing of the dress. I use a variety of different perfumes, ranging from floral to musky and the occasional candy-sweet scent. I adore Guerlain products in general and although this particular scent is not my style, it has a musky sweetness and lasted on my skin for a long time when I sampled it. Have you tried this fragrance and what did you think of it?