Have you ever chosen a beautiful shade of lipstick and gone home so excited to wear it non-stop for the next few days, only to find out you have about 10 of the same ones already? Well that’s what just happened to me – ok, maybe not 10 other lipsticks but 1 that is pretty identical. While I was at the airport heading back from Michigan and drying my tears, I thought I’d cheer myself up with a MAC lipstick. I chose Snob and was so in love with it I kept applying it during my trip. When I got home I realized that Revlon’s Pink Pout is almost exactly the same. Snob has more bluish undertones and is better lasting, but Pink Pout is a little bit more creamy and applies really nicely. Next time you want to pick up Snob from the MAC counter I suggest trying Pink Pout first and seeing if it’s a suitable alternative for you! Xo
There’s nothing like preparing for the holidays, and with Thanksgiving just around the corner I may get a little carried away with jumpstarting the Christmas theme everywhere. As per usual, Lush has created the cutest and most festive gift sets this year. Instead of just describing my favorites, I wanted to show you a few bubbles and bombs in motion. So, If you love listening to Christmas music and want to see some fun and glittery Lush products in action, sit back and enjoy the show! Xo
- Sparkly Pumpkin (Halloween Collection): Glitter-coated mini pumpkin with grapefruit, juniper berry and lime undertones which result in a fresh and sparkly mountain of bubbles.
- Holly Go Lightly (12 Days of Christmas): The epitome of the Christmas spirit, this spicy cinnamon silver ball explodes into a shimmery green bath.
- Lord of Misrule (12 Days of Christmas): This one really surprised me, and you should watch my video to see what it does. The delicious herbal blend of scents it releases is really invigorating.
I got a sample of this mascara a while back and when I first used it I really didn’t like it. I’ve noticed that the first few times I use any mascara it doesn’t have a very strong effect and the application is light, so I try not to judge it right away. I started using this mascara again these past couple weeks and I like it a lot better. It’s not my favorite, but it does give great lift and length and the long bristles at the front of the brush separate the lashes beautifully . My lashes aren’t very thick so I’ve found that the best way is to mix different mascaras, one that lifts and separates neatly and one that is clumpier and adds volume. If you like neatly separated lashes then you’ll definitely love They’re Real, but if you prefer heavy fluttery lashes(like me) then you won’t get that effect with this mascara. Have you tried this mascara yet, and if so what did you think of it? Xo
- Dry Bar Sake Bomb Conditioner: After getting a fabulous blow out at The Dry Bar in NYC, I fell in love with whatever it is they had used in my hair. After digging around, I figured it out it must be the conditioner. It smells amazing and gives me super smooth curls, so I highly recommend it!
- Maybelline BB Skin Clearing Perfector: I was previously using their original BB cream with sun screen protection, but after getting very tanned in hawaii I needed a darker shade, and decided to try this one out. I’m not sure if the salicylic acid is really clearing my skin up, but It does have a more matte finish than the other BB cream and really sets beautifully and naturally.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz: You may have read about this eyebrow pencil all over the internet, but it was so amazing I really had to mention. The selection of colors is enough to match any skin tone and hair color, while the formula is subtle and looks very natural. It also comes with it’s own blending brush on the other edge which is perfect.
- Revlon Matte Balm in Showy: I bought this on a whim because I’ve been wanting to try them and the color was gorgeous. I love the mint scent, and how easy it is to apply these. The color is long-lasting, but the only downside to this particular color is it shows any cracks and dryness on the lips. I ended up buying a few other shades and the finish is flawless with the darker colors.
- Miss Dior Eau De Parfum: This perfume is a little sweet , a little floral and so refreshing. I love it so much I’m already planning to re-stock it once I’m out.
I’m a huge advocate of exfoliation and I’ve talked about my favorite body scrub methods in my Scrub and Polish series. Naturally when I heard about Frank body scrubs and all the raving reviews I had to try it for myself. I chose the Cacao scrub because it’s supposed to be extra hydrating and as its name indicates has a delicious scent. The coffee scrub is gentle but very effective and gets rid of dead skin, flaking and bumps. Since it’s also packed with natural oils extracted from almonds and macadamia it leaves the skin super smooth.
Although I really liked using it, the truth is I wouldn’t purchase this scrub again. I was excited to try Frank Body after seeing an account on Instagram called Frank’s Little Black Book that shows amazing before and after photos of scars, stretch marks and other skin conditions that were drastically improved by this scrub. When I tried it on my old stretch marks they got a little red and irritated so I was too afraid to scrub them again. It did work great on my arms and legs but it left an oily residue after which I don’t like. There’s no doubt that it’s a great scrub but for my usage it’s just not worth the mess.
lI hope this helps, and if you’ve tried one of their scrubs I’d love to hear about your experience with it! Xo
I don’t know about you, but getting my nails done is one of my favorite pastimes up there with buying lipsticks of course. Although certain nail colors are appropriate for different seasons, I usually just apply whichever color I’m in the mood for. Continue reading Autumn Nails
Shopping for new makeup is always fun, and while I’m pretty classical when choosing blushers and eye shadows lipstick in particular is the easiest for me to get wild with. Sometimes I lust after bright and bold shades while other times I like soft and glossy hues. Here are my top picks at the moment.
- Smashbox Be Legendary Matte Lipstick in Electric Pink, $20. A beautiful and non-drying matte lipstick that truly makes a statement.
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in Fetish Pink, $35. Super creamy and highly pigmented, this is a stunning cross between pink and lilac.
- Benefit full-finish in Lady’s Choice, $10. Glossy and very moisturizing, this is my all-time favorite nude.
- Kardashian Beauty Joystick in Rose Parade, $9.50. It’s tough choosing the right shade of red, but this creamy stick is flattering, bold and exceptionally long lasting.
- Makeup Forever Rouge Artist in Watermelon, $20. I searched high and low for a the perfect peachy lipstick and was thrilled when I got my hands on this one. The texture is hydrating and applies like butter, while the color is pigmented and oh so lovely.
If you try them out, I hope you enjoy these lipsticks! Xx
July was a warm and eventful month, so naturally I kept some essentials in my makeup bag to give me a fun and colorful summer look.
1. Lush Makeup, $24 each. If you read my post from my visit at Lush Cosmetics, you’ll recognize my photo with the emotional color wheel. I was told to envision a white room and choose the 3 colors I would like to paint it. Each color is supposed to symbolize an aspect of my personality. The purple(drive) and coral(believe) are lipsticks that are applied like a gloss and dry to a beautiful velvet finish, both have been beautiful shades for the summer. The blue(calm) is a liquid eyeliner and isn’t the usual color I would choose but is perfect for adding a pop of color underneath the waterline.
2. Sephora Classic Multi-tasker Brush, $25. I personally love Sephora’s brushes and this one in particular is perfect for applying powder evenly. The bristles are very soft and are gentle on the skin and the handle is easy to control.
3. Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail cream, $10. Obviously the summer heat requires drinking lots of water and using a super hydrating cream. This cream doesn’t only moisturize the hands but also strengthens the nails and keeps the cuticles under control. The smell is fantastic as well, which you know I love!
4. Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow, $30. The cute packaging made it very tempting to purchase this blush but the products itself gives a beautiful and natural glow which lasts all day. I also like to mix it in with my eyeshadow for an overall even pinkish/peachy look. This will be a favorite of mine for a while.
If you do try these products, I hope you like them too! Xx
After a very fun and exciting afternoon at Lush Cosmetics in Dubai Mall, I left with a bag full of new goodies to try. I’m still experimenting with the new products and I will be reviewing my favorites on the blog in the following weeks, but for the meantime here are my all-time favorite items from Lush that are always re-stocked in my beauty cabinet.
- Sultana of Soap: There are two very important things to keep in mind when choosing a good soap bar, scent and moisture. The smell of the lush soaps are invigorating without being overwhelming and sultana reminds me of an apricot flavored nougat, yum. I’ve discussed how I exfoliate with this soap here. Dear Sultana, you had me at first lather.
- Rock Star: When I want to switch it up from using Sultana I use rock star, which is also extremely moisturizing and smells like a Popsicle. Since it contains vanilla bean extract it’s amazing at locking in moisture.
- Bubblegum Lip Scrub: I love using lip scrubs and I even shared my own home-made recipe here, so when I saw this tiny pot of hot pink sugar I couldn’t wait to try it. Made with castor sugar and organic jojoba, this scrub gets rid of dryness and flakiness without being too abrasive.
- Sex Bomb Bath Ballistic: My favorite bath ballistic, simply because it has a lovely musk and jasmine smell and releases a beautiful paper flower after fizzing. It’s relaxing, pretty and fills the bathroom with a divine aroma. It will leave your skin smooth and supple.
- Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner: I never thought of using a body conditioner, but I have an obsession with Argan Oil and anything that can hydrate my skin. This is one of my favorite Argan infused products and you can read my full review here.
*Follow the links above to view prices and products details.
It’s been a while since I’ve shared my monthly favorites with you all, and since I’ve tried out some great products this month I thought it would be a good time to get back into writing these posts.
- RoC® Soleil Protexion SPF 30 (Mattifying Fluid): I’ve been searching high and low for an SPF that provides good protection and is light-weight and non-greasy. I finally found it in ROC which I bought during my trip to Paris. It gets quickly absorbed by the skin and leaves a nice smooth finish. Additional perk: it smells divine! I got the SPF 30 that is also supposed to be mattifying but the entire range has a wonderful texture.
- Bobbi Brown Blush (Peony): If you follow me on instagram you probably already know how much I’m in love with this blush. It’s the perfect rosy pink and gives that sweet flushed cheek look. The color is not too strong so you can apply a soft amount for fresh looking cheeks or build it up for more pigmentation. This is the most beautiful blush I’ve ever used and is extremely long-lasting.
- Unite Moisturizing Repair Treatment: I really love using hair masks once or twice a week during a hot bath. I’ve been using this one for the past month and I’m very happy with the results. Masks help add moisture relief and repair any damage your hair might have endured, making it easier to style. After using this mask in the shower, my hair is much easier to brush through and feels lustrous.
- Nyx Glam Shadow Stick (Diamond): These shadow sticks are glittery and have a beautiful creamy texture. I chose the Diamond color to create a dramatic white eye but because of the dewy consistency it’s best to apply it and blend with your finger, which leaves a subtle and shimmery eye shadow. I also like to use it as a highlighter for the inner corners of my eyes.
- Sephora Cream Lip Stain (Always Red): My newest favorite shade of red, it applies like a gloss and then dries to a beautiful matte finish. This stain is very long-lasting even if you eat or drink. If your lips are already dry it will dry them up even more, so it’s best to moisturize with Vaseline for 15 minutes then remove it and apply the stain. It’s the perfect red and requires minimal makeup.
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Volume Flash Mascara: I don’t usually change mascaras often but I’m so glad I tried this one. It’s a luscious black and provides both lift and volume. The brush is big, fluffy and strong which provides good control. I apply 2 coats of this and feel like my eyes completely opened up. I will be stocking up on this one!