I got to spend some quality time with my beautiful and adorably pregnant cousin the past few weeks, and it has been divine. We spent it gossiping, baking and knitting while simultaneously feeding our new addiction to a Double Shot Iced Shaken from Starbucks (decaffeinated for her). I posted a photo of these delicious chocolate chip cookies we baked together last week and a bunch of you asked me for the recipe, so here it is!
- Sift together then set aside:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Cream together:
- 1/3 pound butter
- 5/6 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla (liquid)
- Finally add the flour mixture and mix it together before adding 1.5 cups of chocolate chips and 3/4 cups macadamia nuts.
- Ball them up into medium size chunks.
- Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes until they start to slightly brown.
- Leave them to cool for a few minutes before lifting them off the baking sheet.
- Yields about 25 cookies
If the balls are too small or you over bake them they will harden too much the next day. They should be soft and chewy. Enjoy them with a yummy cup of hot cocoa(my favorite recipe here)! Xo