I’m no pro at applying makeup by any means, but if you’re obsessed with beauty blogs like I am then you know that practice makes you learn what products and techniques are best for your features. I like a subtle and natural makeup look with a beautiful touch of blush and a fierce cat eye. On a typical day I like to just apply concealer where it’s needed, some mascara and fill in my eyebrows. Here are some of my favorite products for when I want to get glammed up while keeping it simple.
1. Eyebrows: I used to say I’d never leave the house without concealer, but the truth is doing my eyebrows has become just as important. I’ve tried numerous creams, shadows and pencils, but the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencil is the best thing since sliced bread. It’s easy to apply, comes in various beautiful colors and gives an extremely natural finish.
2. Base: I’m still in search for the best foundation for my skin but I’ve been using Maybelline’s Dream Pure BB Cream for the past 6 months and I love it. The color options are perfect for my skin tone, it lasts all day without giving me oily patches and it looks like skin especially when applied with a Beauty Blender.
3. Concealer: I recently started using Maybelline’s Age Rewind Concealer (in light) and it has the most beautiful texture. I apply it to my face, blend it in with a Micro Beauty Blender and set it with Rimmel’s Stay Matte Pressed Powder. The yellow undertones of both products really brightens up my under eye area and doesn’t crease one bit!
4. Liquid Liner: My best friend introduced me to Stila’s Waterproof Liquid Liner and I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to find it. The felt tip makes it so easy to apply, and although it’s waterproof and lasts all day long, it’s also very easy to wash off. Run don’t walk and go get yourself one.
5. Bronzer: MAC Mineralize powder in Dark has been my go to bronzer for years now. It’s a beautiful golden brown and is also amazing for contouring.
6. Blush/Illuminator: Bobbi Brown’s Blush in Peony is my all-time favorite pink blusher. When I want a more peachy tone with a built-in illuminator I use the Too Faced Sweetheart Perfect Flush Blush.
The best part about doing this weekly series is being able to get creative with the photos I take and keeping it visual and pleasant to the eyes. I hope you enjoy this week’s list!
1. BB Cream
I repeatedly talk about how sensitive my skin is because it’s difficult for me to experiment with numerous products. On the plus side, when something works for me it’s all the more exciting. Although I use moisturizer twice a day I’m not very good at applying SPF – enter BB cream. By now you’ve probably read thousands of articles and reviews about these all-in-one creams that serve multiple purposes including sun protection, moisturizing, priming and sheer coverage. The Maybelline BB cream was moisturizing, gave a beautiful glow, was hardly noticeable and blended perfectly with my skin. I highly recommend it!
2. Pastel Nail Polish
I absolutely adore pastel colors, especially during this time of year. I don’t usually like to be limited by the seasons and I tend to wear the nail colors I’m in the mood for, but these vibrant yet soft shades are the epitome of spring.
3. Leopard Prints
If you don’t have leopard print shoes yet, go out and get some stat. When stylists say this print is a neutral, they are not wrong. It livens up an outfit and goes with (almost) anything. I especially like to pair these shoes with a white top and an emerald green necklace. Are you at the mall yet?
4. Contour Tips
During my search for quick and easy contouring tutorials I found this great one by Carli Bybel. She uses a heavy layer of makeup so it’s definitely not an everyday look, but the end result is gorgeous and her step by step instructions are quite easy to follow.
5. Jewels for a Cause
The star of one of my favorite TV shows and my ultimate WCW Nina Dobrev has teamed up with Gorjana & Griffin Jewelry to raise awareness for Epidermolysis Bullosa, a genetic skin disorder that causes the skin to be fragile and form blisters. Proceeds from NINA4EBMRF will benefit the Epidermolysis Bullosa Medical Research Foundation. Visit Gorjana & Griffin to browse the beautiful range of delicate jewels, just in time for Mother’s Day.