I don’t love the end of anything, especially summer. Luckily for me summer is the predominant season in Dubai, so the warmth isn’t ending anytime soon. My wings are still ready for takeoff and I’m hoping I’ll get to go on a little trip sometime soon, so I’m sharing my end of summer wishlist and necessities for exploring a new city. What are your end of summer plans my loves, I’d love to know!
I haven’t visited the windy city in years, so during my recent trip to Michigan I decided to go with my family and explore Chicago like genuine tourists. The architecture in this city is magnificent (see what I did there?) and the Navy Pier was truly dreamy. It was an amazing couple of days I got to enjoy with my parents and brother, and I really tried to stay in the moment rather than take thousands of pictures the whole time. I hope you like seeing the city through my eyes and feel inspired to visit it one day. P.S. any other Divergent fans recognize the ferris wheel? Just me? Xo
My birthday is in a couple of days and so my honey and I decided to take a short getaway on the beach. As I plan our little trip and pack my things, I thought I’d share some getaway must haves with you all. From fun and bright tassel bracelets to comfy statement wedges, these pieces combine comfort and chic all at once. I’ll be sharing all the details of our staycation on instagram so make sure you follow along! Xo
I’ve done quite a bit of traveling the past couple of years and in all honesty New York is my favorite city so far. I mean Greece was a dream, Paris was magical and Turkey was stunning, but NYC has a unique character and feel to it that gets me every time. I thought I’d share with you my top things to do in New York, and while you may have heard of or been to some of these places before, I hope you’ll enjoy seeing it through my eyes and want to visit the city my way.
- Brunch and the City: New York is notable for delicious weekend brunches topped with yummy egg concoctions, a Bloody Mary and bottomless Mimosas. I highly recommend Cafe Mogador in the quaint and charming East Village or The Cupping Room Cafe in Soho.
- Ferry-go-around: We didn’t have a chance to visit Lady Liberty, but we did see her on the ferry ride to Staten Island to visit family and let me tell you, the ride turned out to be beautiful with a magnificent view.
- Serendipity 3: Yes I am quite the sap and I do love a good chick flick, but this place is worth your while even if you aren’t the type to burst into tears while watching Rumor Has It, and my husband can attest to that. They have the most scrumptious frozen hot chocolate (yes you read that correctly) and the cutest retro diner decor. <Tip: there isn’t a long wait time if you go at night, and frozen hot chocolate is appropriate at any time of the day!>
- Across the bridge: While Manhattan is overflowing with great places to see, Brooklyn has it’s own appeal. Visit the botanic gardens, eat sizzling pizza and get a fab view of the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan skyline. Don’t miss the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory either, though you might have to wait in line for over 30 minutes.
- Central Park: This is an obvious one, but I suggest taking half a day for this gem. I personally think the horse and carriage ride is completely worth it and don’t miss out on a lovely lunch at The Loeb Boathouse (make sure to make your reservations far in advance).
- Cosmo Tai: If you’re on the go and don’t want to waste time styling your hair, head to the Dry Bar for a voluminous sexyblow out that can withstand even the muggiest New York nights.
Travelling is exhausting to say the least and can really take it’s toll on your body. I’ve traveled a lot over the years and I can never get used to the dry cold air, tight seats and the long hours. I did learn to always keep a few things with me that make traveling more tolerable and even quite cozy.
- Bose QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Headset for serene silence.
- Hello Kitty Band-Aids in case of any accidental cuts.
- Cozy Socks to keep your toes warm.
- Evian Facial Spray to refresh and hydrate.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel to soothe dry skin and reduce redness.
- Padded Sleep Mask to block out the light without irritating the skin.
- Microbead Neck Pillow because that little cushion on the plane is not enough.
- iPad mini with movies and episodes of all your favorite TV shows.
I hope this helps! x Rania