Last month I did a promotional shoot for the The Blush Diaries and promised to share some of the photos with you. The photographer was fellow blogger Melon from Melrish Photography. We chose to do the shoot on 8 boulevard in downtown Dubai because of the open spaces and beautiful infrastructure. I wanted my outfit to be comfortable, fun and flirty and to embody the essence of my personality and my blog. Therefore a flower crown was necessary, and confetti. Always Confetti.
“Someone told me there’s a girl out there with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair.”
Top: Topshop | Skirt: Forever21 | Shoes: Stradivarius | Flower Crown: Accessorize | Necklace: Aldo | Makeup: Myself
With quite an affinity to graceful pieces, I search for the perfect skirt all year round. Whether a cinched waists, A-line fits or embellished fabrics skirts can accentuate the beauty of your figure and give your outfit that feminine touch. Skirts are more versatile than dresses because they can be transformed with the change of a top or the right heels. From peplum hemlines, organza inserts to color-blocking I’ve hand-picked an assortment to please all palates.
- Structured Black and White Mini
- Organza Insert Jacquard Midi
- Peplum Hem Pencil Skirt
- Karen Millen Palm Print Skirt
- Textured Peplum Hem Skirt
- Babe Blush Tulle Skirt
- State of Being Organza Pencil Skirt
I hope you liked my picks and I’d love to hear from you!
Fashion is mostly associated with clothes, shoes and accessories. Like any other art it can be made manifest in everything around us. Since tech gadgets are incredibly ubiquitous these days, why not use some beautifully crafted designs? Here are some of my favorites, I hope you like them too!
- Back Me Up Mobile Charger
- Giant Gem Speaker
- Tres Tres Belle iPhone Case
- Frends Layla Rose Gold Headphones
- Kate Spade Bow USB
- Hello Sunshine iPhone Case
- Kerrie Hess Au Bon Marche Phone Case *Available for Samsung and iPhone
- Ban.do iPad Sleeves
- Le Pavillion Bluetooth Speaker
Happy Tech Shopping! Xo
There are countless products available that are meant to reveal your skin’s natural beauty, but when it comes down to which is best for your skin I believe it’s all relative. It’s extremely important to consult a dermatologist that is trustworthy and honest before using random brands, especially if you’re prone to acne. I have tried many products over the years and have found a skincare routine that’s kept my face clear and smooth for the most part, so I decided to share it with you today.
- Face wash: By the end of the night, you need to clean off any dirt and oils that have built up throughout the day. I like to use a mild soap for daily wash (such as Lux) and the Neutrogena Facial Bar on problem areas. This facial bar is not only easy on the wallet, but it contains salycilic acid which fights acne.
- Moisturizer: Regardless if your skin is oily or dry you need to use a moisturizer on a daily basis. It rejuvenates the skin and keeps it looking plump. I like the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel by Clinique because it’s absorbed quickly and is completely oil-free.
- Treatment: With a busy schedule and a weekend that never feels long enough you may not get a chance to give yourself a face mask, not to mention how expensive a good cleansing facial can be. It’s still important to treat yourself to one on a monthly basis, your skin will thank you for it. I shared an amazing Dewy Skin Mask that I do at least once a week and has done wonders for me.
- Nose Strips: I think this product is really underrated and should always be available in your beauty closet. Blackheads are extremely stubborn and unless removed by an esthetician can be hard to extract. Nose strips may not be as effective as a steamer and facial but will keep most of your pores clean. When necessary, I like to cut them up and use them on my chin and forehead as well.
- Toner: I’ve been using the Clinique Clarifying Lotion since I was 19 years old. It balances the oils in your skin, cleans off grime residue and leaves my face extra smooth. It also contains salycilic acid, which like I said earlier can help clear up your skin. They have 4 different toners from Clinique and you should check which one is right for your skin type.
May you always be fresh faced my lovelies! Xo
I’ve always been a fan of floral prints, the brighter the better. This year you can find them on everything from dresses to jeans, and even shoes. To keep it from getting overwhelming, it’s best to make the floral print item the focal point of the outfit. With a dress, keep the accessories simple. If you’re planning on wearing printed shoes or a clutch, then have them stand out paired with jeans and a white top. I’ve searched hard to find some beautiful options, I hope you like them!
- Topshop One Shoulder Dress
- Forever21 Ruffled Off-Shoulder Top
- 7 For All Man Kind Jeans
- Asos Stripe Midi Skirt
- Topshop Glory Floral High Shoes
- Kisaks Studio Pink Partypouch
Let me know what you think. Xo
I think we can agree that everyday should be considered Mother’s Day, since our moms are the most loving, giving and selfless creatures on this earth. It’s still great that there is a day dedicated to showing our appreciation and love for them. I personally believe that the thoughtful and sentimental gifts and gestures are the best, so I’ve rounded up some great ideas your mom will surely love.
- Love notes: There is nothing as thoughtful and from the heart as a hand written note. I love these designs from Sugar Paper LA.
- Breakfast in bed: This is a great way to spoil your mom and take care of her on this special day.
- Get Pampered: Mothers often focus on taking care of others and neglect to look out for themselves, so treat her to a day at the spa.
- Jewels: The Pandora Always rings are sterling silver with sparkly cubic zirconia and are a modern twist on the eternity rings. Worn separately or stacked together these dainty rings are a beautiful symbol of endless love.
- Fresh blooms: Flowers are always a great gift in my eyes, especially if you know her favorites and pick out the bouquet yourself.
Images from Pandora, Veloce Jewelry and www.visitworcestershire.org
I’m definitely guilty of holding on to some lipsticks and eye shadows a little too long, and some of my favorite makeup was a limited edition gem that is impossible to replace. Most cosmetics and lotions have a little symbol at the back that looks like an open pot which tells you the shelf life of the product. It’s important to keep track of when you opened the product and when it’s time to replenish your makeup. Old mascara can irritate your eyes or even cause a serious case of pink-eye. Foundation, concealers and water based powders may be home to all kinds of bacteria which can break out your skin. Even make-up brushes, which should be kept clean and dry, will eventually need to be replaced. I’ve listed the average shelf life of makeup products for you below.
- Mascara: 2-3 months
- Liquid Eyeliner: 3 months
- Eyeliner: 6 months
- Eye shadow: 12 months
- Concealer: 12 months
- Foundation: 12 months
- Powder: 2 years
- Cream Blush: 12 months
- Blush/Bronzer: 12 – 18 months
- Lipstick/Lip Gloss: 18 months
For more details on how to store your cosmetics and keep your brushes and sponges clean check out this great article in Allure. On the bright side, think of how fun it will be to replenish your makeup!
Confetti is a great addition to any party or wedding, and can even be used in gift packaging as well. I learned this fun and easy way to make your own confetti from Lauren Gray of Pearls and Pastries and I just had to share. All you need is a hole puncher, colored paper and some gold glitter. I was inspired by the pen pictured above so I used a similar color scheme.
After punching holes in the colored paper and emptying the chads out of the hole puncher, I took some gold shreds and cut them up into little pieces. The extra shreds from my shoot last week really came in handy.
I finally sprinkled some gold glitter over it for some added sparkle. The result: A beautiful mess.